Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cartoon #04

cartoon

Ever noticed the cartoon shows that were animated before 1950's seem to have more life and exaggeration to it? For example, have you ever compared a 1940's Looney Tunes cartoon to a 1960's Flintstones cartoon?

cartoon

You know before I begin, if you're interested, why don't you Google, sit back relax and take a look at the two cartoon videos I listed below. See if you can point out something different about them, and of course you don't have to watch them. But if you can for fun, just take a peak.

cartoon

The first video is a Looney Tune cartoon short of Daffy Duck/Elmer Fudd called To Duck or Not to Duck. The cartoon short was a Warner Bros. production that was released to theaters in 1943. Yes, that's right 1943...

cartoon

The second show is a Flintstones cartoon, No Help Wanted, which premiered on ABC's TV network in 1960. Yes, Once again 1960...

cartoon

So go head, don't be afraid to give it a shot, take a look and I'll come back later. Trust me, I'll be right back.

cartoon

Though by looking at the two videos it's blatantly obvious that the animation in Looney Tunes seem much more fluent and exciting. Personally, I was drawn in by the exaggerations of the animation. Where as, the Flintstones portrayed little to no animation movements at all. In fact, I was getting very annoyed by the constant isolation of the bobbing heads.

cartoon

I was having constant reminders of driving to work, seeing the Bobblehead bobbing back and forth in the corner of my eye on the dashboard. With all honesty, I can't believe this was even considered to be a form of animation. But hey, I guess it falls under the same thought of Taylor Swift being a country artist.

cartoon

cartoon

cartoon

cartoon

cartoon

cartoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2